When it comes to developing a dynamic web page then most of the developers utter the name of AngularJS. It has turned out to be a boon in the field of offering the developing code tools that come with a barefoot is always being a tedious task to do. They assist with the efficient bundle of tools with respect to help every developer in order to work in an efficient manner within a certain point of the time.
This blog will take you on a ride to the top ten useful tools for AngularJS developers.
Table of Contents
|0. Quick Summary|
|2. Visual Studio|
|4. Aptana Studio|
|7. Angular IDE|
|10. Sublime Text|
There are a number of AngularJS Developers who are spreading the widest information related to its tools around the webpage development market. With the help of tools provided by Angular, you can complete the task of the web design project at ease.
These tools are also beneficial when you are using it during the evolution of web development and the discovery or implementation of new techniques.
The top ten tools for AngularJS that we are going to discuss in this article are Webstorm, Visual Studio, Karma, Aptana Studio, Protractor, AngularFire, Angular IDE, Mocha.JS, Djangular, and Sublime Text.
So, let’s start!
Webstorm provides intelligent and impressive coding options to AngularJS developers along with impeccable navigation tools and error-detecting features as well.
What are the Features of Webstorm?
- Webstorm offers coding assistance for various Java Script languages like CSS, Node.Js, and HTML.
- It possesses extremely efficient debugging, tracing, profiling, and testing features.
- It also helps in running JSCS, ESLint, TSLint, JSHint, JSLint, and Stylelint.
- Webstorm also offers superior customization functionalities in order to match the coding style.
What are the Pros of Webstorm?
- There is no need for scrolling as it facilitates cohesive work.
- Allows you to avoid silly mistakes because of the in-built spell checker.
- Intelligent code completion, which provides structural completions and word expansions.
What are the Cons of Webstorm?
- Webstorm cannot be shared freely as it is not an open-source development tool.
- With the Webstorm tool, it is quite difficult to open several projects in a single stance.
2. Visual Studio
Visual Studio Code has been specially designed and developed by Microsoft for Windows, Linux, and macOS. It has an intelligent editor, which makes it one of the fastest AngularJS development tools available in the market.
What are the Features of Visual Studio?
- It offers an IntelliSense feature for smart completions of variable types, imported modules, and function definitions.
- Visual Studio also comes with an in-built GUI for Git in order to view the amended changes in the project easily.
- It also includes a Peek Function that expands into an inline window in order to display the full definition of the function.
What are the Pros of Visual Studio?
- It can run on multiple operating systems like Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Visual Studio is very useful for commercial and private use.
- It also features proactive support for the needed plugins.
- It can be easily updated and downloaded as Visual Studio is an open-source platform.
What are the Cons of Visual Studio?
- As compared to several other development tools, Visual Studio has a less efficient process of debugging.
Karma is one of the most commonly used AngularJS development tools. It allows you to perform coding on desktop/laptop browsers, tablets, phones, and more.
What are the Features of Karma?
- Karma works well with almost all types of browsers.
- It also offers test coding in real and multiple browsers.
- Karma also has a vibrant and huge open-source community.
- It can be easily Integrated with Travis, Semaphore, and Jenkins.
What are the Pros of Karma?
- Higher-level testing functions across various browsers.
- With the help of Karma’s command line or IDE, it provides an efficient framework.
- It is an open-source platform for easy plugins.
What are the Cons of Karma?
- It would require Node.JS for installation.
- Slow testing.
4. Aptana Studio
Aptana Studio Is another AngularJS development tool designed and created in order to develop websites very quickly. The AngularJS development environment is based on an efficient and flexible integrated environment known as Eclipse.
What are the Features of Aptana Studio?
- Top-level integration for enhanced source code management.
- Aptana Studio also includes an in-built debugger for enhanced debugging features.
- It also provides a development environment with command customizations.
- Aptana Studio possesses a Tree-based code browser.
What are the Pros of Aptana Studio?
- Running the common commands is fast and easy because of the in-built terminal.
- It also supports HTML5 coding.
- With the help of the Improvement Wizard, you can utilize the conventions like FTPS, Capistrano, FTP, and SFTP.
What are the Cons of Aptana Studio?
- There may be stability issues with Aptana Studio.
- Less availability of complex project support.
Protractor is a framework responsible for developing superior applications. It provides an interactive and automatic application development environment.
What are the Features of Protractor?
- Protractor features end-to-end testing capabilities.
- It allows you to automatically sync web pages and tests.
- With Protractor, you can test on a real browser.
What are the Pros of Protractor?
- Protractor is very useful for non-Angular and Angular apps.
- It is very easy to set up.
- Flawless “pause” and “rest” time because of quick testing highlights.
What are the Cons of Protractor?
- Lacks in debugging features in certain projects.
- Should have good knowledge of Selenium in order to use APIs.
AngularFire is a backend development tool which has several impeccable features such as dynamic API features, top-notch development capacity, and 3-way data binding.
What are the Features of AngularFire?
- It has the capability to automatically store data for offline use.
- With AngularFire, you get synchronized real-time binding.
- It also features easy-managed binary data files such as images, blobs, and videos.
What are the Pros of AngularFire?
- It offers a dynamic and flexible API.
- AngularFire also provides real-time data synchronization.
- Top-level developer experience.
What are the Cons of AngularFire?
- Documentation features are very ordinary.
7. Angular IDE
Angular IDE is an impeccable IDE tool for both experts and beginners. Angular IDE is developed by CodeMix and includes syntax-aware source coloring, auto-completion of code, real-time validation and various other superior features.
What are the Features of Angular IDE?
- Angular IDE offers HTML template intelligence in order to auto-complete the codes and detect misdefined tags.
- It’s Auto-completion of code leads to error-free and speedy projects.
- This tool also provides advanced formatting options.
What are the Pros of Angular IDE?
- Angular IDE supports troubleshooting with Live Chat.
- It offers enhanced CLI integration in order to provide a seamless working environment.
- It is very easy to learn for beginners and use with the Eclipse plugin.
What are the Cons of Angular IDE?
- It is not a free project.
Mocha.js is a testing framework and features various impeccable functionalities for enhanced asynchronous testing. It is mainly suitable for beginner AngularJS developers and is the right choice for training purposes also.
What are the Features of Mocha.JS?
- Mocha.JS provides a java-script API for testing.
- It is also the perfect choice for asynchronous testing.
- It uses a large range of reporters.
What are the Pros of Mocha.JS?
- It allows optimum and flexible reporting on tests.
- Moch.JS is also compatible with most browsers.
- It easily offers support to Generators.
- It is also Suitable for BDD (Behavior-driven development) and TDD (Test-driven development).
What are the Cons of Mocha.JS?
- Random tests are impossible to run.
- Mocha.JS requires mocking utilities and assertion libraries.
- It is quite difficult to understand for beginners.
Djangular is an impeccable AngularJS development tool that uses the Angular and Django framework in order to easily create content for projects. This tool provides easy integration of AngularJS applications with better flexibility.
What are the Features of Djangular?
- Djangular provides namespacing AngularJS content as per the Django application.
- Djangular includes a flexible framework with all the needed components.
What are the Pros of Djangular?
- It involves CSRF protection and offers enhanced security features.
- Djangular-based applications are reusable apps and can be used multiple times.
- It also helps in developing project-specific content.
What are the Cons of Djangular?
- It is quite difficult for the beginners to learn.
10. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is another best tool used by many AngularJS developers among various text editor tools. Along with better customization options, Sublime Text also offers various packages that make working with AngularJS hassle-free.
What are the Features of Sublime Text?
- Sublime Text features a “Goto Definition” that provides information just by hovering over the symbol.
- “Goto Anything” is another functionality of Sublime Text that helps in saving time by jumping to words, lines, or symbols.
- A developer can change several variables or lines together because of the Multiple Selections feature available in Sublime Text.
- Sublime Text also includes a CSS sorting feature in order to sort properties in alphabetical order.
What are the Pros of Sublime Text?
- It possesses a huge range of plugins for several applications.
- Sublime Text efficiently works on a number of projects.
- It also has a full customization feature that is responsible for keeping the platform lightweight.
- Sublime Text also allows easy file switching.
What are the Cons of Sublime Text?
- Sublime Text is not an open-source framework.
After going through the above article, we have understood that if you are starting your custom web application development work with AngularJS then you are required to select its tools as mentioned above. It’s the tools that help you at the developing app platform to be able to fix the problem and start your business in terms of a project developing with ease.