4 Way Technologies is a leading Cloud migration services provider company across the world. We have experienced teams who are proficient in supporting you in all Cloud-based software solutions. We have separate teams for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform in order to comprehensively understand the requirements of the clients and deliver the best possible solution.
There is a big competition heating up in the public cloud space because vendors regularly drop prices and offer new features. There are three giants of the cloud including Amazon Web service (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. In this article, we will shine a light on the competition between these three Cloud services to understand which one is better to choose in the cloud market.
This article deals with the value of AWS VS Azure VS Google Cloud Market.
Table of Contents
|2. What is AWS?|
|3. What is Microsoft Azure?|
|4. What is Google Cloud Platform?|
|5. Comparison Among Azure vs AWS vs Google Cloud Market|
|5.1. Compute Performance|
|5.2. Storage and Databases|
|5.3. Pricing Structure|
|5.4. Networking Comparison|
As long as AWS has a significant head start on others, Google and Azure are far from out of the race. They all got the power, money, technology, and marketing to attract individual and enterprise customers to enhance the power of cloud marketing. So let’s compare these three big players through service categories like compute, storage, networking, and pricing structure.
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of the most widely adopted cloud platforms that offer more than 250 services from a large number of data centers across the globe. AWS launched its cloud computing services in March 2006 offering on-demand APIs and cloud computing platforms to governments, companies, and individual developers on a pay-as-you-go basis.
AWS managed services help companies in scaling, moving at a fast pace, and lowering the costs of IT infrastructure by providing the basic technical infrastructure, building blocks, and development tools for mobile app development and web app development.
What is Microsoft Azure?
Azure is a cloud provider service that allows you to build, test, deploy, and manage services and applications through Microsoft-managed data centers. Azure also supports many different frameworks, development tools, and programming languages in order to develop applications as per your need.
Azure managed services include a large number of cloud services and products that have been designed in order to help you in bringing new and innovative ways to manage and run mobile and web applications with the frameworks and other development tools of your choice.
What is Google Cloud Platform?
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) was launched in April 2008, which is a cloud computing platform that offers several public cloud computing services offered by Google. Google cloud managed services include a wide variety of hosted services for data storage, compute, machine learning, and application development, which run on the hardware provided by Google.
Google Cloud Platform is an attractive alternative to various cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, etc.
Comparison Among Azure vs AWS vs Google Cloud Market
These three cloud providers collectively dominate this sphere with their close approach to cloud computing which is strongly dictated by their background.
- AWS’s core compute service has always allowed users to configure a virtual machine with the help of either pre-configured or custom AMIs.
- Google Cloud lets the users launch virtual machines much like AWS, into region and availability groups. Google Compute Engine is for everyone and enhancements can be added like load balancing, extended support, live migration of VMS, etc.
- Microsoft Azure represents their compute service as a preview, but it does not make it generally available with the VHD. It is equivalent to Amazon’s AMI, to create a VM which is pre-defined by Microsoft.
Storage and Databases:
- AWS bestows ephemeral storage that is allocated once as an instance. AWS offers block storage that is equal to the hard disk. It offers object storage with its S3 services and archiving services with a glacier.
- Google Cloud Platform offers both temporary storage and persistent disks. It offers object storage and provides archiving as cheaply as the glacier.
- Azure offers temporary storage with the page blobs for the VM-based volumes. It has been discovered in the Block Blobs and Files which serve for object storage.
- AWS charges the customers as per the use of services, minimum is one hour. The charges increase while on-demand and offer customers with extra large capacity cloud marketing service all the time.
- Google Cloud charges by enhancement of minutes; with a minimum use of 10 minutes. It offers a simpler and more flexible approach to AWS’s reserved instances. There is a discount in the on-demand services that generally increase the hourly rate automatically.
- Azure charges the customers as per service on demand, which is a minute accordingly. It is available to offer short-term commitments with discounts. So there is marvelous pricing, features, and implementation, which is important to consider before starting the cloud services.
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) is a networking service offered by AWS that allows you to launch AWS resources in a logically isolated virtual network defined by you. Amazon VPC gives you complete control over the virtual networking environment, which includes an IP address range of your own choice, the configuration of route tables, creation of subnets, and network gateways. VPC allows you to use both IPv4 and IPv6 for most of the resources in order to ensure easy and secure access to the applications.
- Azure Virtual Network (VNet) is a virtual networking service offered by Microsoft Azure, which is the fundamental building block for your private network. VNet enables various Azure resources like Azure Virtual Machines to communicate with each other securely, the on-premise networks, and the internet.
- A Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) network is a virtual networking service offered by Google Cloud that provides connectivity for the Compute Engine virtual machine instances like GKE and other Google Cloud products created on Compute Engine VMs. One of the main features of Google VPC is that it can connect to on-premise networks with the help of Cloud interconnect attachments and Cloud VPN tunnels.
We hope you find this article helpful. After going through this article, you will understand that all these three Cloud services have their own quality in terms of offering necessary tasks to enhance the cloud market. But currently, Amazon is the market leader with a wide range of features for all types of enterprises.